Things to do
and see near by:
1. Herbster beach - beautiful sandy beach great for swimming, walking and beach combing. Covered picnic area next to playground and basketball court right across the street.
2. Twin Falls hiking trail -Port Wing
3. Siskiwit Falls in Cornucopia - hiking and view of the falls from bridge.
4. Lost Creek Falls in Cornucopia - about 1 1/2 mile hike to the falls.
5. Cornucopia beach - volleyball court and covered picnic area. Seasonal farmers market Thursday afternoons.
6. Port Wing farmers market (seasonally) Saturday mornings.
7. Port Wing beach - beautiful sunsets!
8. Meyers beach and Sea Caves hiking trails.
9. Sea kayaking or paddle boarding. Trips available leaving Cornucopia.
11. Visit local gift shops.
12. Halvorson Fisheries in Cornucopia - fresh/smoked fish and excellent pickled herring!
13. Ehler's General Store - lots of unique food and gift items.
1. Golfing - Washburn, Bayfield, Ashland and Madeline Island all have courses.
2. Visit orchards in Bayfield - season fruits, jams and jellies, wine and gift items.
3. Madeline Island - Big Bay State Park, restaurants and gift shops. Ferry boats depart from Bayfield.
4. Apostle Island boat tours.
5. Charter fishing trips.
6. Brownstone walking/biking trail in Bayfield.
7. Big top Chautauqua - seasonal tent show.
Mt. Ashwabay- alpine skiing, snowboarding and tubing park. Cross- country ski trails connecting to the Jerry Jolly trail system. Snowshoe trails and fat tire biking.
Cross Country and Skate Ski trails:
After Hours Ski Trails, Brule (18 miles of trails)
Big Bay State Park, Madeline Island (5.2 miles of trails)
Copper Falls State Park, Mellen (14 miles cross country, 7 miles skate ski)
Lake Superior View Ski, Washburn
Mt. Valhalla, Washburn (classic and skate ski trails)
Pattison State Park, Superior (classic only)
Brownstone Trail, Bayfield (hike along Lake Superior shoreline)
Amnicon State Park, Superior (1.5 mile trail)
Wolfsong Adventures, Bayfield
Apostle Island Ice Caves (weather permitting) 1.5 mile + hike. About 10 mile drive from rental to Meyers Beach parking area.
The cottage is located on Lenawee Rd. which connects to the snowmobile trail about 2 blocks away.
Food and Beverages:
Woody's in Herbster - pizzas, burgers and full bar.
Little Nikki's in Cornucopia - great Friday night fish fry and large bloody mary menu.
Cornucopia Sweet Shoppe - coffee, sweets and ice cream.
Star North - gas, snacks and a large beverage selection.
The Candy Shoppe in Bayfield - homemade sweets, candy and ice cream.
Maggie's in Bayfield - unique décor and tasty food.
The Bayfield Inn - Deck on top for relaxed drinks, lakeview dining downstairs.
Pier Plaza in Bayfield - Resaurant/bar and ice cream window outside.
Coco's Bakery in Washburn - Homemade breads and treats. Casual dining.
DaLou's Bistro in Washburn - woodfired pizzas and excellent salads. homemade desserts.
Patsy's Bar - burgers and full bar.
Valhalla View Pub and Grub - bar and restaurant with outdoor seating available.
Bear Paw Café in Port Wing - breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Deep Lake Lodge in Iron River - beautiful views of Deep Lake!